CSR and Sustainability
Healthy & sustainable products
Aware of the influence we have on our customers, we are responsible for promoting a healthy lifestyle through our products, which should be characterized by being sustainable in every way from their recyclability to their nutritional benefits.
Work lines and commitments
Energy efficiency and
- We supply healthy, sustainable products for a healthy balanced diet.
- We promote and encourage a lifestyle based on exercise and a Mediterranean diet to improve society’s quality of life.
- We are reducing our use of plastics and introducing recycled, recyclable and lighter materials.
- Our processes support the circular economy by optimising the use of by-products.
- We promote the use of renewable energies and chooses to use efficient energy sources.
Alternatives to saturated fats
In line with our commitment to spread healthy eating, Borges has launched a healthy alternative to replace saturated fats in the food industry.
This new product range, based on unsaturated vegetable oils, is the result of the work of our R&D team, and is a real alternative to palm oil, dairy, hydrogenated and animal fats.
Product recycling and ecodesign
We design all our products considering sustainability and eco-innovation criteria. We are gradually introducing recycled PET into our packaging, and have obtained ECOSENSE certification for our single-dose containers. We have also invested in ecodesign, the result of which is our DUO® cap. These are just two examples which, as well as being healthy by nature, help to reduce food waste and the environmental impact of our packaging.
100% renewable electricity
We are transitioning toward renewable energies to reduce the environmental impact of our activity. Since 2020, 94% of all power used by Borges production centres has been from renewable sources, making a significant contribution to reducing our industrial activity’s carbon footprint.